JMI Vision, Mission, Values & Objectives
Creating a centre of excellence in jazz education and performance.
To provide prospective undergraduate musicians with a high-quality and holistic jazz education of international standard, focussing on performance and readying graduates for engagement in the music industry.
JMI’s values guide the activities and behaviours of the organisation through:
- distinction, recognised as excellence and achievement combined with a clear sense of identity;
- the highest standards of academic, personal and business integrity through practising the values of honesty, trust, fairness, respect and responsibility;
- a progressive environment that promotes continuous improvement through student and staff feedback and open streams of communication and evaluation;
- lifelong learning and personal development that embraces free intellectual inquiry;
- creative dialogue and engagement between industry stakeholders and the wider community through open workshops, concerts and clinics.
- develop educated musicians ready to successfully engage with the community;
- strengthen JMI’s positioning as a nationally and internationally competitive institution in the jazz education and performance industry;
- achieve excellence in jazz teaching practices and scholarly standards;
- maintain facilities, equipment and technology infrastructure commensurate with a nationally competitive institution;
- make a strong contribution to the intellectual, social and cultural enrichment of the community.